The 2018 application period opens on October 10, 2017 and closes on December 15, 2017.
Who can apply?
- Must be a local WIC agency*
- Must have operated a peer counseling program for at least 1 year
- Peer counseling program must meet all of the required core components of the FNS Loving Support© Model for a successful peer counseling program.
*Local WIC agencies designated by State WIC agencies on WIC Local Agency Directory Report Form FNS–648.
What are the awards?
Recognition will be given at 3 levels of performance:
- Gold Award
- Gold Premiere Award (midlevel)
- Gold Elite Award (highest level award)
Local WIC agencies may apply for any award level and will receive the highest eligible award based on the criteria as noted in the application instructions.
GOLD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The application instructions note the criteria for responses, points awarded for each question and the details about the points required in each award.
GOLD AWARD APPLICATION
To complete this application you must first download and save the fillable form application to your computer.
GOLD PREMIERE or GOLD ELITE AWARD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The application instructions note the criteria for responses, the points awarded for each question and the details about the points required in each award.
GOLD PREMIERE or GOLD ELITE AWARD APPLICATION
This is a combined application, to apply for the higher level awards, the Gold Premiere award or the Gold Elite award.
To complete this application you must first download, complete and save the Gold award application. Then you may download, complete and save the Gold Premiere/Elite application.
You are not required to answer questions 1-30 if you have received a Gold Award certificate within the past four years. You can start the Award Application process by completing the following sections of the Gold Application: Cover Sheet, Prescreening Questions, Checklist, and Verification of the Gold Award.
Applications and supporting documents should be submitted to the WIC National Office.
Upload files via secure FTP via https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/WWRS
The 2018 application period closes at 11:59 on December 15, 2017. Applications will not be accepted after December 15, 2017.
APPLICATION OVERVIEW POWERPOINT FOR LOCAL WIC AGENCIES
The PowerPoint presentation, sent to you by your State Agency, will explain the process of applying for the Gold, Gold Premiere and Gold Elite awards.
STEPS NEEDED TO START APPLICATION
1) Download and save the Application(s) and Application Instruction(s).
Gold Application Materials
Premiere and Elite Application Materials
- Gold Premiere/Elite Application (.pdf)
- Gold Premiere/Elite Application (MS Word)
- Gold Premiere/Elite Application Instructions
2) View Application Overview PowerPoint.
3) Read the Frequently Asked Questions and Instructions.
4) Complete and save the Gold Application and supporting documentation first, and if desired, then complete and save the Premiere/Elite Application using the Gold Application Instructions for detailed directions.
5) Upload Application and supportive documentation using the secure file transfer program Hightail.