Loving Support Award of Excellence Program
The 2020 application opens on Oct. 7, 2019 and closes on Dec. 13, 2019.
Who can apply?
- Must be a local WIC agency*
- Must have operated a peer counseling program for at least 1 year
- Peer counseling program must meet all of the required core components of the FNS WIC Breastfeeding Model for Peer Counseling for a successful peer counseling program.
*Local WIC agencies designated by State WIC agencies on WIC Local Agency Directory Report Form FNS–648.
What are the awards?
Recognition will be given at 3 levels of performance:
- Gold Award
- Gold Premiere Award (mid-level)
- Gold Elite Award (highest level award)
Local WIC agencies may apply for any award level and will receive the highest eligible award based on the criteria as noted in the application instructions.
GOLD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The application instructions note the criteria for responses, points awarded for each question and the details about the points required in each award.
GOLD AWARD APPLICATION
To complete this application you must first download and save the fillable form application to your computer.
GOLD PREMIERE or GOLD ELITE AWARD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The application instructions note the criteria for responses, the points awarded for each question and the details about the points required in each award.
GOLD PREMIERE or GOLD ELITE AWARD APPLICATION
This is an optional combined application, to apply for the higher level awards, the Premiere award or the Elite award.
You are not required to answer questions 1-30 if you have received a Gold Award certificate within the past four years. You can start the Award Application process by completing the following sections of the Gold Application: Cover Sheet, Prescreening Questions, Checklist, and Verification of the Gold Award.
To complete this application you must first download, complete and save the Gold award application. Then you may download, complete and save the Gold Premiere/Elite application.
Applications and supporting documents should be submitted to the WIC National Office.
Upload files via secure FTP via https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/WWRS
The 2020 application period closes at 11:59 on Dec. 13, 2019. Applications will not be accepted after Dec. 13, 2019.
APPLICATION OVERVIEW POWERPOINT FOR LOCAL WIC AGENCIES
The PowerPoint presentation, sent to you by your State Agency, will explain the process of applying for the Gold, Gold Premiere and Gold Elite awards.
STEPS NEEDED TO START APPLICATION
1) Download, save and read the Application(s) and Application Instruction(s). Applications will be available for download on Oct. 7, 2019.
- Gold Application
- Gold Application Instruction
- Premiere/Elite Application
- Premiere/Elite Application Instructions
2) View LSA Application Assistance for Local Agencies PowerPoint. Please send PowerPoint inquiries to your state contact.
3) Complete and save the Gold Application and supporting documentation first, and if desired, complete and save the Premiere/Elite Application using the Gold Application Instructions for detailed directions.
4) Combine the application(s) and supportive documentation files into a .zip folder. Upload folder using the secure file transfer program Hightail.