The 2023 application period opens on Oct. 17, 2022 and closes on Dec. 22, 2022.
Who can apply?
- Must be a local WIC agency*
- Must have operated a peer counseling program for at least 1 year
- Peer counseling program must meet all of the required core components of the FNS WIC Breastfeeding Model for Peer Counseling for a successful peer counseling program.
*Local WIC agencies designated by state WIC agencies on WIC Local Agency Directory Report Form FNS–648.
What are the awards?
Recognition will be given at 3 levels of performance:
- Gold Award
- Premiere Award (mid-level)
- Elite Award (highest level award)
Local WIC agencies may apply for any award level and will receive the highest eligible award based on the criteria as noted in the application instructions.
Instructions and Applications
The instructions and applications are available on WIC Works Resource System during the application period. The application is linked on the top of this home page or can be located by selecting the dropdown menu and selecting ‘Apply for a WIC Breastfeeding Award of Excellence'.