About the WIC Program
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) target population are low-income, nutritionally at risk:
- Pregnant women (through pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after birth or after pregnancy ends).
- Breastfeeding women (up to infant's 1st birthday).
- Non-breastfeeding postpartum women (up to 6 months after the birth of an infant or after pregnancy ends).
- Infants (up to 1st birthday). WIC serves 53 percent of all infants born in the United States.
- Children up to their 5th birthday.
The following benefits are provided to WIC participants:
- Supplemental nutritious foods
- Nutrition education and counseling at WIC clinics
- Screening and referrals to other health, welfare and social services
- Breastfeeding promotion and support
Continue to receive WIC benefits until your certification period expires as long as there is proof that you received WIC benefits in another area or state.
The Breastfeeding Stages is our unique approach to breastfeeding.