News and Announcements
- IFMS Release 1.8.0 was deployed on 3/4/2022
- Updated video tutorials are now available for changing the head of household, creating a new household, entering transfer receipts, and running the FNS-152 report. No login is required to view videos.
- User resources in the IFMS Learning Academy are now organized by topic.
- Interested in training opportunities for new and existing users? The IFMS Training Request Form is located in the IFMS Learning Academy. Upon receipt, the IFMS Training Manager will follow up to discuss scheduling and tailoring the session(s) to the needs of the ITO.
- Stay informed with the IFMS NewsWatch e-Letter. Issue 2.3 was published on March 28, 2022.
https://fns.my.salesforce.com (login required)
IFMS: Phase One - Replacing AIS
The Integrated Food Management System (IFMS) replaces the legacy, Automated Inventory System (AIS) to support the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR). IFMS consolidates food distribution transactions into a seamless, easy-to-use cloud-based platform.
IFMS offers more effective issuance of food in compliance with FDPIR policies as well as real-time inventory maintenance at program facilities. Access to IFMS is role-based and organization-based, supporting cross-functional capabilities within and between Indian Tribal Organizations (ITOs). Other features include flexible search tools, data upload/download, change history (tracked and auditable), and ability to save attachments and notes.
IFMS Activity At-A-Glance
As of 3/11/2022, IFMS activity since launch includes:
- 74 ITOs have deployed IFMS with 355 active users
- 42,346 individuals in 21,922 households received food distributions through IFMS
- 11,291,212 items issued through 147,110 order transactions
- 19,169,841 items updated through 51,211 inventory transactions
- 26,277 household certifications updated
- 4,166 new households created
There are currently 74 ITOs using IFMS for 95 sites.
Preparing for IFMS
The transition team works with ITOs to confirm their readiness and to coordinate preparation activities to ensure a smooth transition to IFMS. Over approximately eight weeks, ITOs are guided through a transition program, which includes planning, information gathering, data migration from AIS, and staff training and practice opportunities. The mission of the transition team is to deliver IFMS with minimal interruption to program operations.
System and Browser Requirements
IFMS is a cloud-based application that requires the following:
- Wired or wireless internet connection
- Minimum of 10 Mbps download speed
- Supported Web browser: Chrome (preferred) or Firefox
- Internet-capable computers with a mouse (or a similar device) are recommended at each location for customer registration, inventory management, and store-concept issuance checkout.
Detailed information about system requirements can be found in the IFMS Resources Library (login required).
In IFMS, each user must have their own user account and eAuthentication (eAuth) login. In preparation for an organization's upcoming launch, the transition team will collect information for each staff member to create their user account in IFMS.
Users who do not currently have an eAuth account will receive instructions to create one when their IFMS user account is ready. To create an eAuth account, users must have a unique email address, and the ability to access this email account to complete the activation process.
The transition team has developed tutorials, presentations, and training curriculum along with reference materials to support ITOs as they become familiar with, and transition to IFMS. This includes:
- IFMS NewsWatch - Archive of recent IFMS NewsWatch e-Letters
- IFMS Release Updates - Highlights from latest IFMS development activities
- IFMS Demos and Tutorials - Collection of videos about IFMS
- IFMS User Resources - Guidance for accessing IFMS manuals, tips, forms, and other user materials (login required)
Service Desk Portal
|IFMS Transition||Paula Joyce
|IFMS NewsWatch||Danielle Ziegler