IFMS Release Updates
The Integrated Food Management System (IFMS) continues to evolve through continuous improvement based on user feedback and the current guidance for the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
IFMS Release 2.3.2 was deployed on Aug. 30, 2023. All updates and enhancements are applied automatically; no user actions are required to use the latest version of IFMS.
Key updates include:
As of Sept. 1, 2023, IFMS was updated with the FDPIR monthly distribution guide rate changes per the table below:
|Category||Guide Rate Changes: Effective Sept. 1, 2023|
|Eggs||Increase from 1 to 2 units|
|Meat/Poultry/Fish||Increase from 3 to 5 units|
|Vegetables||Increase from 13 to 18 units|
|New Foods||Strawberries, frozen – 1 lb. pack
Bison stew meat, frozen – 2 lb. pack
IFMS updates include:
- Vegetables and Fruit & Juice exchange removed.
- Vegetables and Fruit & Juice are now listed as separate categories rather than sub-categories of the former Fruit & Vegetables category.
- Removed grain category and sub-categories. There are now three separate categories: Hot & Cold Cereal; Cornmeal & Flour; Rice, Pasta, Crackers & Tortillas.
- Increased monthly allowances for Eggs; Meats, Poultry, Fish; and Vegetables.
- Updated Issuance and Inventory data entry screens, monthly shopping lists, and food package selections reflecting the new category structure.
Release notes documentation as well as updated manuals, quick reference guides, and other user resources are available in the IFMS Learning Academy (login required).
Enhancement opportunities for IFMS are considered based on the requirements of FDPIR program operations and impact to the ITO user community at large. The contents for each release are limited by available resources and system dependencies in IFMS. All changes included in each release undergo thorough testing before they are deployed.