The Food and Nutrition Service is proposing to amend its regulations to make access and parity improvements within several food distribution programs, including the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), and USDA Foods disaster response. The proposed provisions use plain language to make them easier to read and understand. For more information please see the resources section below.
Request for Comments
The Food and Nutrition Service, USDA, invites interested persons to submit written comments on this proposed rule. Written comments must be received on or before Oct. 13, 2023 to be assured of consideration. Comments may be submitted in writing by one of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: Go to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
- Regular U.S. Mail: Food Distribution Policy Branch, Policy Division, Food and Nutrition Service, P.O. Box 2885, Fairfax, Virginia 22031–0885.
- Overnight, Courier, or Hand Delivery: Gregory Walton, Supplemental Nutrition and Safety Programs, Food Distribution Policy Branch, Food and Nutrition Service, 1320 Braddock Place, 3rd Floor, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.
All written comments submitted in response to this proposed rule will be included in the record and will be made available to the public. Please be advised that the substance of the comments and the identity of the individuals or entities submitting the comments will be subject to public disclosure. FNS will make the written comments publicly available on the internet via https://www.regulations.gov.
- Snapshot of proposed regulatory changes by program – See a summary of the proposed provisions in the rule and learn how they compare to current regulatory provisions.
- Webinar on CSFP Provisions - Listen to a webinar about the CSFP provisions in the proposed rule.
- Webinar on FDPIR Provisions - Listen to a webinar about the FDPIR provisions in the proposed rule.
- Webinar on TEFAP Provisions - Listen to a webinar about the TEFAP provisions in the proposed rule.
- Webinar on USDA Foods in Disasters Provisions - Listen to a webinar about the USDA Foods in Disasters provisions in the proposed rule.
- Questions and Answers about the Proposed Rule – See a list of common questions and answers about the proposed rule.