Learn about hot topics in child nutrition and with Team Nutrition's popular webinars.
CACFP Halftime: Thirty on Thursdays Training Webinars
Join Team Nutrition for monthly training webinars on hot topics related to the CACFP Meal Pattern requirements. Webinars are presented on the third Thursday of every other month, in English from 2 to 2:30 PM ET and in Spanish from 3 to 3:30 PM ET. For more information, please visit the CACFP Halftime: Thirty on Thursdays Webinar Series webpage.
- Thursday March. 21, 2019: Identifying Whole Grain-Rich Foods in the CACFP, Part 2
- English (2 to 2:30 PM ET)
- Spanish (3 to 3:30 PM ET)
- Thursday, May 16, 2019: Using the WIC Food List to Identify Creditable Foods in the CACFP
- Thursday, July 18, 2019:Serving Vegetables in the CACFP
- Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019: In-Grained: Easy Tools to Determine Serving Amounts
- Oct. 19, 2017: Choose Breakfast Cereals That Are Lower in Added Sugars webinar [English] [Spanish]
- Nov. 16, 2017: Choose Yogurts That Are Lower in Added Sugars webinar [English] [Spanish]
- Jan. 18, 2018: Serving Milk in the CACFP [English] [Spanish]
- Feb. 15, 2018: Meal Planning for the CACFP [English] [Spanish]
- March 15, 2018: Serving Meat and Meat Alternates at Breakfast [English] [Spanish]
- April 19, 2018: Offer Versus Serve in the CACFP [English] [Spanish]
- May 17, 2018: Methods for Healthy Cooking [English] [Spanish]
- June 21, 2018: Adding Whole Grains to Your Menu [English] [Spanish]
- July 19, 2018: Feeding Infants: 0-5 [English] [Spanish]
- Aug. 16, 2018: How to Support Breastfeeding in the CACFP [English] [Spanish]
- Sept. 20, 2018: Feeding Infants: Starting with Solids [English] [Spanish]
- Oct. 18, 2018: Identifying Whole Grain-Rich Foods for the CACFP Using the Ingredient List [English] [Spanish coming soon]
- Nov. 15, 2018: Grain-Based Desserts in the CACFP [English] [Spanish coming soon]
Celebrate National Farm to School Month in Early Care and Education Settings: Farm to CACFP
Join us for a 1-hour webinar on how local foods and nutrition and food education can be incorporated into Child and Adult Care Food Program settings. Register today, using the registration link below:
Thursday, Oct. 25, 2018, 2-3 PM ET
CACFP Trainers' Circle Quarterly Webinar Series
These quarterly webinars for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) will focus on tactics and techniques trainers can use to empower program operators with the knowledge and skills needed to provide high-quality meals and snacks in the CACFP. This series will assist State agencies, CACFP sponsoring organizations, and independent centers in planning and implementing quality job skills training for CACFP operators.
CACFP Trainers’ Circle: Coaching and Mentoring Using a Peer-to-Peer Model will feature effective training strategies used by the Kansas State Department of Education and resources from the Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN). [Recorded Webinar]
Food Buying Guide Goes Digital!
Learn about the new Food Buying Guide (FBG) Mobile App and FBG Interactive Web Tool via a demonstration! Learn how to utilize the innovative features of these tools including search and navigation, the ability to compare food yield information, and the ability to create a favorite foods list. In addition, CNP will also highlight an exciting feature of the Interactive Web Tool: the interactive Product Formulation Statement Workbook, which allows manufacturers to easily search and populate selected food items into the workbook, calculate their product’s contribution statement, and generate a certified document that provides crediting information for CN Program Operators. [Recorded Webinar]
Professional Standards Training Tracker Tool 2.0: Enhancements for Training Tracking Success!
On June 6, 2018, the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) Team Nutrition staff presented new enhancements to the Professional Standards Training Tracker Tool (PSTTT), version 2.0! Since the PSTTT 2.0 was first released in November 2017, Team Nutrition has been continuously working to incorporate feedback to enrich each user’s experience. This webinar showcased the new enhancements, such as a streamlined and seamless way of creating user profiles, selecting managers, assigning employees, and easily creating user profiles for a large number of employees at one time. The webinar featured a live demo to assist users in learning about the benefits of using the PSTTT and the features it provides for managers and staff to prepare for the 2018-2019 school year. [Recorded Webinar]