These interactive webinars for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) focus on tactics and techniques trainers can use to empower program operators with the knowledge and skills needed to provide high-quality meals and snacks in the CACFP. These webinars assist state agencies, CACFP sponsoring organizations, and independent centers in planning and implementing quality job skills training for CACFP operators.
Certificates of participation will be provided for those who attend the entire webinar. The National CACFP Sponsors Association (NCA) is also offering webinar participants the opportunity to submit and track continuing education credits. Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs) have been approved from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Feb. 10, 2021- CACFP Trainers' Circle: Training Program Operators to Use Grains Ounce Equivalents: This webinar shows training tools and strategies available for training CACFP operators on grains ounce equivalents. CACFP operators are required to use ounce equivalents for grains by Oct. 1, 2021. The Oregon Department of Education also shares how virtual training techniques can be used to provide training for CACFP operators.
- Dec. 12, 2019- CACFP Trainers’ Circle: A Look Inside the New CACFP Trainer’s Tools: Feeding Infants Kit: This webinar provides an interactive overview of Team Nutrition’s CACFP Trainer’s Tools: Feeding Infants Kit. This kit includes a trainer’s guide, presentation slides and trainer notes, videos, and digital interactive games. Hear how these components help trainers deliver information on hot topics like developmental readiness, hunger and fullness signs, handling and storing breastmilk and infant formula, and much more! [CACFP Trainer's Tools: Feeding Infants kit]
- June 26, 2019- CACFP Trainers’ Circle: Delivering Interactive In-Person Training: This webinar showed interactive approaches used by the Maryland State Department of Education and the Texas Department of Agriculture to actively engage participants during in-person CACFP trainings.
- March 13, 2019- CACFP Trainers’ Circle: Creative Online Learning Strategies to Engage Providers: This webinar highlighted web-based training methodologies, interactive learning strategies, knowledge assessments, and best practices. The Iowa Department of Education, Massachusetts Department of Education, and the Nebraska Department of Education shared their experiences in developing and implementing online learning modules for their CACFP operators and providers.
- Sept. 26, 2018- CACFP Trainers’ Circle: Coaching and Mentoring Using a Peer-to-Peer Model: This webinar featured effective training strategies used by the Kansas State Department of Education and resources from the Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN).