Team Nutrition (TN) Training Grants have been identified in USDA's National Strategic Plan for Training and Technical Assistance as one of the anchor delivery systems for supporting the implementation of USDA's nutrition requirements and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans in meals served in schools and child care institutions. TN Training Grants offer funding to State agencies to establish or enhance sustainable infrastructures to achieve Team Nutrition's goal of improving children's lifelong eating and physical activity habits.
The efforts by State agencies receiving TN Training Grants have resulted in:
- Training and technical assistance on implementing the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
- Training and technical assistance to help schools apply for HealthierUS School Challenge: Smarter Lunchrooms.
- Child Nutrition Program foodservice personnel receiving training and technical assistance that equips them to prepare and serve nutritious meals that appeal to students.
- Utilizing many USDA developed TN materials to provide nutrition education in schools and child care settings.
- Efforts to improve students' fruit and vegetable consumption using Smarter Lunchroom strategies.
- Building community support for healthy eating and physical activity.
- Collaborating with other State agencies and organizations to assist school districts in implementing and evaluating local school wellness policies.
- Providing mini grants to local school districts and child care institutions to enhance promotion of healthy eating and physical activity.
- Integrating nutrition education into students learning content standards, including trainings and workshops provided to teachers.
2017 Training Grants
Team Nutrition Training Grant Summaries
- 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995
- 2006 Local Wellness Demonstration Project Grants
- State-Developed Materials
- Annual Grant Award Levels
- Team Nutrition Grantees Blogs