FNS has announced two grant opportunities under the Team Nutrition Training Grant Program that will help state agencies implement job-skills training programs focused on addressing identified state and local needs impacting the quality of school meals. Up to $9 million dollars in grant funds are expected to be awarded in FY 2019.
This Team Nutrition Training Grant for Innovative State Training Programs will help identify innovative, state-developed training programs that focus on improving school meal quality, so that other states may use them as a model or guide for implementing similar training programs. These grants support states in expanding the reach of their existing training programs, so that more school nutrition professionals can receive training, particularly in rural or hard-to-reach areas.
State agencies that administer the National School Lunch Program may submit an application in response to this solicitation.
There are two FY 2019 Team Nutrition Training Grant opportunities: Team Nutrition Training Grant for Innovative State Training Programs and the Team Nutrition E-STAR Training Grant. Each state may submit only one application on behalf of all interested child nutrition state agencies within that state and may apply to only one of the two aforementioned Team Nutrition Training Grants. States that submit applications for both grant opportunities will not be considered.
This grant enables states to:
- Expand the reach of their professional development training for school nutrition professionals.
- Award sub-grants to support training delivery and the implementation of meal quality improvement strategies by training participants.
- Evaluate their training program on a larger scale to determine if objectives are met and how improvements may be made.
- Receive recognition for grant activities in FNS presentations, reports, social media, etc.
- Letter of Intent Due: April 15, 2019
- Application Due Date: 11:59 PM ET on June 2, 2019
- Anticipated Award Date: September 2019