Team Nutrition provides a number of free materials that connect nutrition education to school and child care gardens. We also offer evidenced-based curricula that educators can use to integrate garden-based nutrition education lessons into core educational subjects, such as Math, English Language Arts, and Science. From small pots and container gardens to full garden plots, we have materials that can fit your needs and resources. Schools, summer sites, and child care (centers, homes and sponsors) that participate in USDA’s Child Nutrition Programs may request free printed copies of many of these materials.
Materials available in print are on the Resource Order Form.
We would like to hear from you! Please share how you are using these materials by emailing us at TeamNutrition@fns.usda.gov.
Lessons and Activities
- Grow It, Try It, Like It! Nutrition Education Kit Featuring MyPlate (Preschool)
- Discover MyPlate, Lesson 4 Planting the Seeds for Healthier Eating (Kindergarten)
- The Great Garden Detective Adventure (Grades 3-4)
- Dig In! Standards-Based Nutrition Education from the Ground Up (Grades 5-6)
- Plant It, Grow It, Eat It!; Healthy Habits Take Root (Grades K-8)