School Breakfast Materials
Team Nutrition provides a number of free materials for your School Breakfast Program activities.
- MyPlate Guide to School Breakfast for families highlights healthy foods that are part of a balanced school breakfast. Learn about why eating breakfast is important for learning, and how parents can help their child eat a healthy breakfast at school. A Spanish language version is now available.
- Be Your Best With Breakfast encourages families to eat breakfast and to check out the School Breakfast Program at their school, if available. A fun breakfast tracker and badge are included. Send them home along with additional information about your school’s breakfast program! Also available in Spanish.
- Team Nutrition Popular Events Booklet gives ideas to help you plan activities at your school. Read about hosting a space- or superhero-themed school breakfast event. You can also get tips for promoting physical activity and breakfast through a walk-to-school event.
- Team Nutrition Elementary School Posters offers a Launch Your Day with Breakfast poster and Start Your Day On The Right Foot: Walk To Breakfast. Perfect to have displayed at your school during National School Breakfast Week!
- Team Nutrition Middle School Posters offers a You Control You poster with a fun breakfast message for older students.
- Discover MyPlate: provides nutrition education for kindergarten in its curriculum nutrition education for teachers (Teacher’s Guide) Lesson 5: Starting Our Day With MyPlate
- Look and Cook Recipe Cards - give easy recipes for kids to follow. Try Fruit-a-licious Breakfast Cup
- Graphics from Team Nutrition for your school menus including Launch Your Day with Breakfast -- PNG, JPG
Other Online Recipes and Tools
Schools, summer sites, and child care (centers, homes and sponsors) that participate in USDA’s child nutrition programs may request free printed copies of many of these materials. Materials available in print are on the Resource Order Form. We would like to hear from you! Please share how you are using these materials by emailing us at TeamNutrition@fns.usda.gov.