Discover MyPlate: Parent Handouts
These five colorful Discover MyPlate handouts includes nutrition and physical activity for parents of kindergarteners as well as interactive activities parents can complete with their children. Available in English and Spanish.
Available: in PDF and upon request by using the Resource Order Form.
If you have difficulty opening any of these files in your Internet browser, please right-click on the link and “save target as…” to download.
- Welcome to School Lunch! shares information about how school meals have gotten healthier and includes an activity for children to sort lunch foods into the five food groups. It also includes a “Color Adventure” challenge where families taste-test new fruits and vegetables of different colors. [Spanish Version]
- Meet MyPlate introduces families to the MyPlate icon and includes a MyPlate menu planner.
- Snack Time! provides information about choosing snack foods and beverages with less solid fat, added sugars, and sodium (salt). Children can tally family members' favorite ways to drink water. [Spanish Version]
- Be Your Best With Breakfast encourages families to eat breakfast and to check out the School Breakfast Program at their school (if available). A fun breakfast tracker and badge are included. Send them home along with additional information about your school’s breakfast program!
- Move, Play, Have Fun! offers a table of fun physical activities that families can cross off as they complete them. [Spanish Version]