SNMCS Webinar Series - School Meal Program Operations
Starting in school year 2012-13, the school meal programs began to undergo widespread changes, including updated nutrition standards for meals, additional lunch reimbursement for meals that met the standards, and rules affecting the price charged for full-price lunches. The School Nutrition and Meal Cost Study collected data in school year 2014–15 and was the first, comprehensive national assessment of the programs since these major reforms began.
This webinar focuses on findings related to school meal program operations, including: SFAs’ views on the updated nutrition standards and challenges faced in implementing them; schools’ participation in Child Nutrition programs; average student participation rates; locations where breakfast is offered; prices charged for paid meals, which are meals purchased by students who are not certified to receive meals free or at a reduced price; and the length of meal periods.
School Nutrition and Meal Cost Study Webinar Series on Study Findings
2. School Meal Program Operations
3. Meeting the Updated Nutrition Standards and the Nutritional Quality of School Lunches
4. School Meal Costs and Foodservice Revenues
5. Dietary Intakes of School Lunch Participants and Nonparticipants
6. Satisfaction with School Meals and Plate Waste