Early in 2016, FNS invited governmental or nonprofit food purchasing and delivery services that purchase and deliver food to elderly or disabled persons otherwise unable to shop for food to apply to accept SNAP benefits for a one year trial period. To be eligible to apply, organizations had to meet the requirements contained in the Request for Volunteers and Procedures of Selection for Preliminary Authorization of Food Purchasing and Delivery Services for the Elderly or Disabled (RFV) hyperlinked below. FNS initially accepted applications through March 31, 2016, and added a second application period from Wednesday, April 13, 2016 through May 31, 2016. Final selections were made on August 31, 2016, as provided in the press release below. The trial period will end one year from this date, on August 30, 2017.
- USDA SNAP Request for Volunteers and Procedures for Selection for Preliminary Authorization of Food Purchasing and Delivery Services for the Elderly or Disabled
- Attachment A: Form FNS-252-2, Application for Meal Services
- Attachment B: P&D Services Request for Volunteers Supplementary Application Form
- Attachment C: USDA Place Based Initiatives
- Attachment D: States in each FNS Region
- Press Release: USDA Announces Selected Organizations to Better Connect Low-Income Elderly and Disabled Americans with Healthy Food