SNAP helps low-income people buy the food, such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains, they need for good health. Through its outreach efforts, FNS works with state and local agencies, advocates, employers, community and faith-based organizations, and others to reach out to eligible low-income people who are not currently participating in SNAP to share information about the nutrition benefits of SNAP to help them make an informed participation decision.
- Introduction of Priority Areas for State Outreach Plans
- State Outreach Plan Guidance and Policy
- Using the SNAP Logo
- Order or Download Free Materials Online
- Questions and Answers Concerning Section 4018 of the Agricultural Act of 2014 Prohibiting Gov Sponsored Recruitment Activities
- Approval of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Outreach Plans
- Final Rule (2016) on SNAP Promotion