Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

How Can I Report SNAP Fraud?

If you see or hear about SNAP fraud, tell us. Help us protect your tax dollars. 

FNS takes aggressive measures to fight all fraud. We appreciate the help of concerned citizens.

Fraud reports of any kind may be filed with the USDA Office of Inspector General.

You can also report fraud to your state. This is especially important if you think someone has lied about their income or assets or is misusing their benefits. Your report is confidential.

  • Call the USDA Office of Inspector General: 
    • (800) 424-9121
    • (202) 690-1622
    • (202) 690-1202 (TDD)
  • Write: 

United States Department of Agriculture Office of Inspector General
PO Box 23399
Washington, DC 20026-3399

Help us Fight SNAP Fraud