This action proposes to amend Food Stamp Program regulations to implement several provisions of the Mickey Leland Childhood Hunger Relief Act.
The provisions in this proposal would:
- Simplify the household definition;
- Establish eligibility for children who live with their food stamp eligible parents in a drug or alcohol rehabilitation center;
- Exclude from resources the value of vehicles used to transport fuel or water;
- Increase the fair market value exclusion of vehicles for determining a household's resource limit;
- Exclude certain general assistance vendor payments;
- Exclude the earnings of students under age 22 who live with their parents;
- Increase the maximum amount of the dependent care deduction;
- Eliminate the current federally imposed limit and require State agencies to establish a statewide limit on the dependent care reimbursement paid to participants in the Food Stamp Employment and Training Program;
- And require proration of benefits only after a break of more than one month in certification.