Proposed Rule: FSP Certification Provisions of the Mickey Leland Childhood Hunger Relief Act
This action proposes to amend Food Stamp Program regulations to implement several provisions of the Mickey Leland Childhood Hunger Relief Act.
The provisions in this proposal would:
- Simplify the household definition;
- Establish eligibility for children who live with their food stamp eligible parents in a drug or alcohol rehabilitation center;
- Exclude from resources the value of vehicles used to transport fuel or water;
- Increase the fair market value exclusion of vehicles for determining a household's resource limit;
- Exclude certain general assistance vendor payments;
- Exclude the earnings of students under age 22 who live with their parents;
- Increase the maximum amount of the dependent care deduction;
- Eliminate the current Federally imposed limit and require State agencies to establish a statewide limit on the dependent care reimbursement paid to participants in the Food Stamp Employment and Training Program;
- And require proration of benefits only after a break of more than one month in certification.