Comment Request - Employment and Training Performance Measurement, Monitoring and Reporting Requirements
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, this notice invites the general public and other public agencies to comment on this proposed information collection. This collection is an extension, without change, of a currently approved collection for annual outcome data for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment and Training (E&T) programs, as mandated by Section 16(h)(5) of the Food and Nutrition Act (FNA) and as amended by section 4022 of the Agricultural Act of 2014.
The information collected on the annual outcome report includes:
(1) The number and percentage of E&T participants who retain employment 2 quarters and 4 quarters after completing E&T;
(2) the median wages for participants with earnings 2 quarters after completion of E&T;
(3) the number and percentage of participants that completed a training, education, work experience or on-the-job training component;
(4) certain unique characteristics of SNAP E&T participants; and
(5) additional reporting requirements for state agencies that pledge to serve all at-risk Able-bodied Adults without Dependents (ABAWDs).
State agencies are also required to identify appropriate outcome reporting measures for each proposed component that is intended to serve a threshold number of participants of at least 100 a year. The reporting measures for these components are identified in state agencies' E&T plans and the outcome data will be reported to the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) in state agencies' annual outcome reports. state agencies are required to report outcome data annually.
With this information, FNS will be able to identify more, and less, successful E&T practices and work with state agencies to improve their E&T programs. This process is critical to building a more effective E&T operation nationally that will help move more individuals into the workforce.