Interim Rule: SNAP Employment and Training Program Monitoring, Oversight and Reporting Measures
Section 4022 of the Agricultural Act of 2014 requires that, not later than 18 months after the date of enactment, USDA shall issue an interim final rule implementing the amendments made by subsection (a)(2). Pursuant to that requirement, this rule implements the employment and training (E&T) provisions of section 4022(a)(2) of the Agricultural Act of 2014. Section 4022(a)(2) of the Agricultural Act of 2014 provides the Department additional oversight authority of state agencies' administration of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) E&T program.
In addition, it requires the Department to develop national reporting measures and for state agencies to report outcome data to the Department. It also requires that the Department monitor and assess state agencies' E&T programs, and provides the Department with the authority to require state agencies to make improvements to their programs as necessary. Finally, state agencies are required to submit reports on the impact of certain E&T components and, in certain states, the E&T services provided to able-bodied adults without dependents (ABAWDs).
- Webinar: SNAP E&T Outcome Reporting Requirements (August 23, 2017)
- SNAP E&T Outcome Reporting Interim Final Rule Questions and Answers Part II (May 15, 2017)
- SNAP E&T Outcome Reporting Interim Final Rule Questions and Answers Part I (July 26, 2016)
- Press Release: SNAP Employment, Training a USDA Priority (March 23, 2016)
- Implementation Memo: SNAP ET Program Monitoring,Oversight and Reporting-Measures (May 24, 2016)