Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions: SNAP and Farmers' Markets

What documents do I need to submit with the SNAP application for my Farmers’ Market?

Generally, most markets need to provide:

  • Photo I.D.
  • Social Security Card for responsible officials (i.e., market owners, partners, board members) unless the market is a nonprofit;
  • Employer Identification Number (EIN) if you are a nonprofit or government-owned market.
  • Business license;
  • IRS Determination Letter if you’re a nonprofit organization; and
  • A letter stating the government entity owns or sponsors the market if you are a government-owned market.

Will I need to provide any other information once my market is approved to accept SNAP benefits?

You will need to contact the SNAP Retailer Service Center at 1-877-823-4369 to report changes to the market’s:

  • Location;
  • Operating days and times;
  • Responsible official, organization, or government point of contact; or
  • Any other changes that may impact your participation in SNAP.

Still have questions?

Page updated: June 24, 2024