What documents do I need to submit with the SNAP application for my Farmers’ Market?
Generally, most markets need to provide:
- Photo I.D.
- Social Security Card for responsible officials (i.e., market owners, partners, board members) unless the market is a nonprofit;
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) if you are a nonprofit or government-owned market.
- Business license;
- IRS Determination Letter if you’re a nonprofit organization; and
- A letter stating the government entity owns or sponsors the market if you are a government-owned market.
Will I need to provide any other information once my market is approved to accept SNAP benefits?
You will need to contact the SNAP Retailer Service Center at 1-877-823-4369 to report changes to the market’s:
- Operating days and times;
- Responsible official, organization, or government point of contact; or
- Any other changes that may impact your participation in SNAP.
Still have questions?