America’s Direct Marketing Farmers and Farmers’ Markets (DMFs/FMs) are great sources of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other healthy foods. FNS is committed to expanding access to these foods by SNAP recipients while supporting economic opportunities for farmers and producers.
If you have questions about SNAP Farmers' Markets, email SM.FN.ROB-WC1RETReply@usda.gov.
If you are the owner/manager of a DMF/FM, you can apply online to accept SNAP and check the status of your application. We have developed guidance to explain the online application process for farmers' markets.
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) is a system that enables SNAP recipients to use their benefits to purchase eligible food. All authorized SNAP retailers must use EBT equipment and transaction services.
- EBT Equipment Options for Farmers' Markets
- Using Smartphones and Tablets as EBT terminals
- Scrip System (paper scrip, tokens, or receipts)
SNAP at Farmers' Markets Webinars
Resources and Data
- Attracting SNAP customers
- Farmers' Markets Accepting SNAP Benefits Nationwide
- Get Listed in the AMS Directory
- SNAP Farmers' Markets FAQs
- SNAP Redemptions Report, FY 2013-2020