America’s Direct Marketing Farmers and Farmers’ Markets (DMFs/FMs) are great sources of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other healthy foods. FNS is committed to expanding access to these foods by SNAP recipients while supporting economic opportunities for farmers and producers.
More than 3,500 DMFs/FMs are able to accept SNAP EBT payments. Use the interactive map to locate participating DMFs/FMs and other retailers in your area.
If you have questions about SNAP Farmers' Markets, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are the owner/manager of a DMF/FM, you can apply online to accept SNAP and check the status of your application. We have developed guidance to explain the online application process for Farmers' Markets.
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) is a system that enables SNAP recipients to use their benefits to purchase eligible food. All authorized SNAP retailers must use EBT equipment and transaction services.
- EBT Equipment Options for Farmers' Markets
- Using Smartphones and Tablets as EBT terminals
- Scrip System (paper scrip, tokens, or receipts)
SNAP at Farmers' Markets Webinars
- Attracting SNAP customers
- Building Partnerships
- Advertising and Marketing
- Offering Incentives - Video
- Offering Incentives - Applying for a Waiver
Resources and Data