FNS supports State flexibility in designing SNAP E&T programs that fit the needs of the local economy and SNAP Participants. This page is specifically devoted to resources that States may use in developing and implementing E&T programs for SNAP participants.
|E&T Plan Handbook|
This page is for State and county personnel who work with SNAP applicants to help them find work.
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 added separate work rules and restrictions for able-bodied adults without dependents (ABAWDs). Basic work rules are covered in 7 CFR 273.7. The ABAWD rules are covered in 7 CFR-273.24. Both sections of the rules can be found by visiting our rules page. Policy on ABAWDS can be found on the ABAWDs page.
SNAP E&T Policy Clarifications and Memos
SNAP E&T Data and Technical Assistance (DATA) Grants (October 4, 2017)
- SNAP E&T Best Practices Study: Final Report (Nov. 22, 2016)
- Approval of SNAP E&T Plans (May 30, 2012)
- Zero benefit households and Employment and Training Services
- Employment and Training Education Components – Allowable Costs and Federal Reimbursement (March 18, 2010)
- SNAP - Funding Education Components in the Employment and Training Program (May 27, 2009)
- Clarifications of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Employment and Training - Questions and Answers #7 (May 21, 2009)
- Employment and Training Questions FY 2009 (Apr. 8, 2009)
- Farm Bill 2008 Q&As: Employment & Training (Aug. 1, 2008)
- Implementing a Mini–Simplified Food Stamp Program with TANF Work Requirements (Aug. 25, 2006)
- E&T Program Activity Report form, Form FNS-583
- Q&A Package on E&T Financial Policy