If you are a Retail Food Store or a Famers Market, you can apply to accept SNAP benefits at your store or market locations by following the steps below.
NOTE - Do not complete an application if:
- You are not a Retail Food Store or a Famers Market. Instead, call the SNAP Retailer Service Center at 1-877-823-4369.
- If you are a retailer that wants to accept SNAP-EBT on your website or mobile app, please do not complete this application. Instead, follow the requirements listed on the retailer requirements page.
1. Create a Login.gov account
Before you start your application, you must create an account on Login.gov.
You'll need to provide the following information:
- Email address
- Secure password
- One additional authentication method to keep your account secure (for example, a mobile phone number to receive texts for verification).
2. Complete the SNAP Retailer Application
- Once you start your application, you have 30 days to complete it. If your application is not complete within 30 days, it will be deleted.
- You will need to submit the required supporting documents. Instructions for submitting your documents are provided at the end of the application. Make sure that you have name(s), home address(es), and Social Security Number(s) for each store owner, and sales data your store(s).
- If you own 10 or more stores, consider whether you are a Multi-Store Owner (MSO).
3. Wait for a Decision from FNS
- FNS will process your application and we will contact you if we need any further information.
- After you complete it, you can check the status of your application in real time.
- If you have additional questions, please call the SNAP Retailer Service Center at 1-877-823-4369.