|March 6, 2009
|American Recovery and Reinvestment Act State Administrative Funding Charts
|Regional SNAP Program Directors
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 provides that FNS is to allocate 75 percent of the amount available in stimulus funds for administration for FY 2009 to state agencies based on the share of each state's participating households over the latest 12 months for which data is available. FNS is to allocate the remaining 25 percent of the amount available based on the increase in the number of households over the same period. FNS excluded disaster households and used the December 2007 to November 2008 timeframe. The total amount available for allocation for FY 2009 is $144.5 million. Note that $500,000 of the $145 million provided in the Act for 2009 will be reserved for necessary FNS expenses for management and oversight, and for monitoring the integrity and evaluation of the stimulus changes.
- Attached is the stimulus allocation chart showing the allocation amount; this chart may be shared with your states.
- A second stimulus calculation chart is attached and shows the intermediate and final calculations; this chart is intended for your use in answering questions from states should they wish to understand the details behind their allocation.
These funds are intended for use in administering SNAP. Distribution of funds will be based on this allocation table.
As directed by the ARRA, the 2010 allocations will be made by following the FY 2009 methodology and calculations will be based on the same participation timeframe (12 months ending November 2008). The Act provides for $150 million in FY 2010. Four million will be reserved for FNS expenses for management and oversight, and for monitoring the integrity and evaluation of the stimulus changes. The remaining 146 million will be allocated to states.