This page is intended for retailers that have received a letter from FNS telling them that their store is authorized.
As a SNAP-authorized retailer, you represent one of many stores nationwide that participate in this important program. Please carefully review the information on this page.
As the owner of the store, you are responsible for carefully reviewing the program rules and making sure all of your employees fully understand these rules. Failure to follow the rules can result in disqualification, fines, civil, and/or criminal action.
You can find the SNAP Retailer Training Guide, videos in English or Spanish, and copies of the current SNAP regulations on the Retailer Training Materials page.
Contact FNS at 1-877-823-4369, if:
- If your store closes,
- If there is a change of owners, or
- If there is a change in the store address or telephone number.
You MUST apply for a separate SNAP permit for each store location you own.
We may visit your store at any time to ensure it continues to be eligible to participate in the program. If at any time, it is determined that your store is not carrying sufficient inventory and therefore is not eligible, you will no longer be able to participate in the program.
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) for SNAP Benefits
SNAP benefits are issued by Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT). Each state manages its own EBT system and hires contractors to issue EBT cards, process EBT transactions, and in some cases provide point-of-sale (POS) equipment.
- SNAP EBT Third Party Processor (TPP) List and Guidance to Retailers
- EBT Fact Sheet for New Retailers
SNAP Retailer Authorization includes the following documents:
- Authorization Cover Letter
- SNAP Training Expectations for Newly Authorized Retailers
- SNAP Training Guide - English
- EBT Do's and Don'ts for Cashiers and Penalties for Violation of SNAP - English
- Report Abuse of SNAP - Poster - English
- Using SNAP Benefits Poster - What you Can and Cannot Buy - English
- We Welcome SNAP EBT Customers - Decal - English
- We Welcome SNAP EBT Customers - Poster - English
Need More Information? Have Questions?
Please contact us at 1877-823-4369 or visit the resources in the retailers section of this website.
We want your experience with the SNAP to be successful. We look forward to working with you.