A smoothly run site for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) for children is something that every sponsor and site staff hopes to achieve. Everyone wants an organized, well-supervised program that meets the goal of the SFSP: to serve fresh, well-balanced meals that are appetizing to children, in a safe environment. Working toward that goal, each site's staff uses the same key ingredients: lots of dedication, time, and know-how.
In this guide, you will find:
- What you can expect from your sponsor.
- Your responsibilities as a site supervisor.
- The meal pattern requirements for the meals you serve.
- Safety rules to keep in mind.
- How to work with official visitors.
- Frequently asked questions and answers.
- Do's and don'ts of running a summer meals site.