Starting in summer 2023, certain rural areas can distribute nutritious meals to kids outside of the typically required group (congregate) settings through the Summer Food Service Program and NSLP Seamless Summer Option.
- SFSP 01-2023, SP 05-2023 - Implementation Guidance: Summer 2023 Non-Congregate Meal Service in Rural Areas- Revised (contains questions and answers)
- SFSP 02-2023 - Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023: Effect on Child Nutrition Programs
- SFSP 03-2023 - Guidance on Performance Standards, Budgets, and Management Plans in the SFSP
- SFSP 07-2023, SP 14-2023 - Questions and Answers #2: Summer 2023 Non-Congregate Meal Service in Rural Areas
- SFSP 17-2015 - Rural Designations in the SFSP - Revised
- Webinar Recording (04/07/23)
- Considerations for offering multiple meals as part of summer non-congregate meal service.
- Summer 2023 Reimbursement Rates
- Rural Non-Congregate Meal Service Examples: Summer 2023