FY 2019 NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants for School Food Authorities
The purpose of the Equipment Assistance Grants is to distribute funding allocations provided by the Agriculture Appropriations Act. State agencies competitively award equipment assistance grants to eligible school food authorities (SFAs) participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), giving priority to high need schools (i.e., schools in underserved areas, schools with limited access to other resources, and age of food service equipment) where 50 percent or more of the enrolled students are eligible for free or reduced price meals. These funds will allow SFAs to purchase equipment to serve healthier meals that meet the updated meal patterns, with emphasis on more fruits and vegetables in school meals, improve food safety, and expand access.
Refer to memorandum SP15-2019 for information on the $30 million provided by the Consolidated Appropriations Act 2019, (PL 116-6), that FNS will distribute to state agencies to competitively award equipment assistance grants to eligible SFAs participating in the NSLP. These grants are not published on Grants.gov. The memorandum also provides guidance on the specific terms and conditions, period of performance, timelines, funding goals, and reporting requirements for these grants.
Links to NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants Information
- FY 2019 NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants for School Food Authorities Memo
- FY 2019 NSLP Equipment Assistance Funds: State Allocations
- FNSRO Checklist for Reviewing SA NSLP Equipment Grant Proposals
- Standard Terms and Conditions for FNS Grants
- FNS-529: Grant/Cooperative Agreement
- FNS-529 Instructions
- 2 CFR Part 200.33 Equipment
- 7 CFR Part 210.21
- 2 CFR Part 200.317 through 326
- Food Program Reporting System (FPRS)
- User Access Request Form FNS-674
- Prior Year NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants