FY 2020 NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants for School Food Authorities
The purpose of the Equipment Assistance Grants is to distribute funding allocations provided by the Agriculture Appropriations Act. State agencies competitively award equipment assistance grants to eligible school food authorities (SFAs) participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). These funds will allow SFAs to purchase equipment to serve healthier meals and improve food safety.
Refer to memorandum SP17-2020 for information on the $30 million provided by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020, (PL 116-94), that FNS will distribute to state agencies to competitively award equipment assistance grants to eligible SFAs participating in the NSLP. These grants are not published on Grants.gov. The memorandum also provides guidance on the specific terms and conditions, period of performance, timelines, funding goals, and reporting requirements for these grants.
Links to NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants Information:
- FY 2020 NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants for School Food Authorities Memo
- FY 2020 NSLP Equipment Assistance Funds: State Allocations
- FNSRO Checklist for Reviewing State Agency NSLP Equipment Grant Proposals
- NSLP Equipment Assistance Grant State Allocations by Year
- Standard Terms and Conditions for FNS Grants
- FNS-529: Grant Agreement
- FNS-529 Instructions
- 2 CFR Part 200.33 Equipment
- 7 CFR Part 210.21
- 2 CFR Part 200.317 through 326
- Food Program Reporting System (FPRS)
- User Access Request Form FNS-674