The purpose of this FY 2017 Team Nutrition Training Grant is for State agencies to implement and evaluate nutrition education, training, and technical assistance activities to support implementation of USDA nutrition standards for meals and snacks offered through the Child Nutrition Programs (e.g., NSLP, SBP, and CACFP). States must apply Team Nutrition’s three behavior-focused strategies in their proposals:
- Provide training and technical assistance to child nutrition professionals to enable them to prepare and serve nutritious meals that appeal to children.
- Increase nutrition education through multiple communication channels to help children have the knowledge, skills, and motivation to make healthy food and physical activity choices as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Build support for healthy school and child care environments that encourage nutritious food choices and physically active lifestyles.
Critical Dates for 2017 Team Nutrition Training Grants
|April 3, 2017||Letter of Intent to Submit an Application due to FNS (Optional)|
|May 22, 2017||Applications due to Grants.gov|
|September 2017||Team Nutrition Training Grants awarded|
Who May Apply
State agencies that administer the NSLP and/or the CACFP may apply. FNS reserves the right to award a FY 2017 TN Training Grant to any State agency that did not receive any Team Nutrition Training Grants in fiscal years 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Funding and Duration
Up to $5.6 million is anticipated in Fiscal Year 2017 for Team Nutrition Training Grants. Through a competitive grants process, Team Nutrition Training Grants will be funded for the period of September 30, 2017 - September 30, 2020. Up to $500,000 may be requested per State agency. The submission of an application does NOT guarantee funding.
Funding for approved TN Training Grants will be provided through the Grant Award/Letter of Credit process upon receipt of a properly executed Federal-State TN Training Grant Agreement and subject to availability of funding. All TN Training Grant funds must be obligated and all activities under the TN Training Grant must be completed by September 30, 2020.
Visit Grants.gov under Related Documents to download the Team Nutrition Training Grant Request for Applications, Cover Sheet (fillable MS Word file), and Letter of Intent (fillable MS Word file).
Application Due Date
The completed application package must be uploaded on www.grants.gov at or before 11:59 PM Eastern Time on May 22, 2017.
Submission of Application
FNS will not accept applications sent via U.S. Mail, e-mail, or fax.
1. Submit application by www.grants.gov - This is a government-wide web site designed for electronic submission of applications/proposals. We advise that you allow ample time to familiarize yourself with the system's requirements. You will need both a Data Universal Number (DUNS) and a Contract Registry Number (CCR) to access the system. You can contact Dun and Bradstreet at 1-800-234-3867 to obtain a DUNS number if you do not have one already. Applicants should verify their CCR status and renew registration if needed. You can check CCR status at https://business.usa.gov/tools/central-contractor-registration-ccr. Please be aware that the Grants.gov system provides several confirmation notices; you need to be sure that you have confirmation that the application was accepted.
Please be aware that the www.grants.gov system provides several confirmation notices; you need to be sure that you have confirmation that the application was accepted.
2. Late applications will not be considered in this competition. We will not consider additions or revisions to applications once they are received.
3. Applications submitted without all the required supporting documents, forms, certification, and signatures will not be considered for competition.
All questions regarding the application should be referred to Anna Arrowsmith via e-mail at Anna.Arrowsmith@fns.usda.gov.