Congratulations FY 2023 Patrick Leahy Farm to School Grantees!
The resources, below, will assist you on how to get started after receiving your award, access contact information, and successfully complete reports, evaluations, and financial documentation.
- Getting Started
This section will assist grantees on how to get started after receiving the award. This section includes information about the grantee checklist, roles and responsibilities, and subscription to the Farm to School Program e-letter, "The Dirt".
- Finance and Budget
Information for Farm to School grantees regarding the management of the award, including information about the Automated System for Award Payments (ASAP), the Food Program Reporting System (FPRS), the SF-425 Federal Financial Report, project and budget revisions, no cost extensions and information about closing out the grant.
- Reporting and Evaluation
Information on reporting requirements to manage the Farm to School Grant award, including an overview of evaluation, reporting requirements, and sample progress reports.
- Overview of Reporting and Evaluation
- Farm to School Grantee Baseline and Final Reports (current 2021 grantees)
- Farm to School Grantee Baseline and Final Reports (2020 grantees)
- Farm to School Grantee Progress Reports (2020 grantees)
- Farm to School Grantee Progress Reports (2021 grantees)
- Farm to School Grantee Progress Reports (2022 grantees)
- Farm to School Grantee Progress Reports (2023 grantees)
- FAQ: Accessing PDF Documents for Farm to School Progress Reporting
- Contact Information
Grantees can find USDA staff and grant officer contact information here.
- Additional Resources
Grantees can find additional resources to enhance their farm to school program, including the Farm to School Action Planning Toolkit.
- Farm to School Action Planning: These documents are samples of action plans submitted by prior grantees. They are intended to help current grantees in this stage of the farm to school program development process.
- Webinars and Recordings
- 2023 State Formula Grant Annual Reporting: The State Formula Grant Annual Reporting webinar provides training on how state agencies are expected to complete their FNS-908 performance progress reports.
- FY2023 Farm to School Grantee Onboarding Webinar: This webinar provides awardees an overview of what to expect during the course of their USDA Farm to School Grant, including an introduction to key contacts, available resources, required reporting, and immediate next steps.
- FY2021 Farm to School Grantee Baseline, Progress, and Financial Reporting: Community Food Systems Division (CFSD) national office staff walk grantees through the process for completing baseline reports, semi-annual progress reports, and quarterly financial reports. This webinar is intended for use with Farm to School grants awarded in 2021.
- Seeding Success Webinar Series: CFSD is proud to offer a new series of webinars recorded over the Spring of 2020, featuring practical advice for Farm to School grantees, and other farm to school program operators, on how to build successful teams, procure local food products, and other practical advice.
- FY2020 Farm to School Grantee Baseline Reports: CFSD national office staff walk through the process of completing the baseline report. This is a webinar intended for 2020 Farm to School grantees.
- FY2020 Farm to School Grantee Progress Reports: CFSD national office staff walk through the process of completing grant progress reports for the Farm to School Grant. This is a webinar intended for 2020 Farm to School grantees.
- FY2020 Farm to School Grantee Webinar - Modifying Grants: CFSD national office staff walk through the process of modifying grant activities and budgets for current Farm to School grantees.
- Farm to School Grant 908 Reporting: Brief tutorials for Farm to School grantees on downloading, updating, and uploading, their required 908 reporting.
For all questions about the USDA Farm to School Grant Program, please email SM.FN.FarmToSchool@usda.gov.
Hungry for more farm to school?
Subscribe to The Dirt, the Farm to School Program's monthly e-letter to receive information and updates from USDA’s Farm to School Program.