Connecting Kids and Farmers
Congratulations FY2022 Farm to School Grantees
Beginning in school year 2022-23, the Farm to School Grant program will be supporting 123 grants, serving 5,000 schools and more than 3.2 million students. An estimated 62 percent of the children served in participating schools are eligible for free and reduced-price meals. To learn more about the 2022 Farm to School grantees, please see the FY 2022 Farm to School Grant awards list.
The 2019 Farm to School Census is Here!
USDA announces the results of the 2019 Farm to School Census, the only nationwide survey designed to measure farm to school activities among school food authorities participating in the National School Lunch Program.
Read the new Farm to School Census and Comprehensive report for insight on the scope of farm to school activity today.
Find out how farm to school has taken root on the new Farm to School Census website.
- Farm to School Grant Program Webpage
- Farm to School Grant Program Fact Sheet
- Farm to School - Planning Toolkit
- Farm to Child Nutrition Programs Planning Guide
- USDA Foods: A Resource for Maximizing Food Budgets To Buy Local Fact Sheet
- USDA DoD Fresh Program: A Source for Locally Grown Produce Fact Sheet
- Agricultural Marketing Service Grants, Loans and Other Support
- Urban Agriculture and Innovative Production Grants
- Composting and Food Waste Reduction (CFWR) Cooperative Agreements
- CDC: Putting Local School Wellness Policies into Action: Stories from School Districts and Schools