The fiscal year (FY) 2024 Patrick Leahy Farm to School Grant Program Request for Applications (RFA) is now open. To apply, visit Grants.gov and follow the instructions found in the FY2024 RFA. Be sure to visit our Grant Applicant Resources page to access other helpful resources, including links to webinars providing specific assistance to those applying for a Farm to School Grant.
The most comprehensive survey of farm to school activity in the United States is back for 2023! Starting Oct. 2, the 2023 Farm to School Census, a unique survey of more than 18,000 school food authorities participating in the National School Lunch Program, will begin collecting data on farm to school activities nationwide.
You can help USDA build the most accurate picture possible of the state of farm to school by spreading the world to complete the Census. See our 2023 Farm to School Census Resources page for easy-to-use resources.
If you need a refresher on how schools near you responded to the 2019 Census, visit the 2019 Farm to School Census results page to learn more.
- Patrick Leahy Farm to School Grants
- Farm to School - Planning Toolkit
- Farm to Child Nutrition Programs Planning Guide
- USDA Foods: A Resource for Maximizing Food Budgets To Buy Local Fact Sheet
- USDA DoD Fresh Program: A Source for Locally Grown Produce Fact Sheet
- Agricultural Marketing Service Grants, Loans and Other Support
- Urban Agriculture and Innovative Production Grants
- Composting and Food Waste Reduction (CFWR) Cooperative Agreements
- CDC: Putting Local School Wellness Policies into Action: Stories from School Districts and Schools