Connecting Kids and Farmers
Farm to school makes local food and agricultural education available to child nutrition program participants through grants, research, technical assistance, and training.
Farm to School is GrowingGrant Program Grant Awards
FY2023 Farm to School Grant - Request for Applications is Now Closed
The fiscal year (FY) 2023 Farm to School Grant Program request for applications (RFA) is now closed. Please check back for more information on the FY 2024 Farm to School RFA later this year. We encourage anyone who expects to seek funding through the Farm to School Grant Program to review the Farm to School FY 2023 RFA.
The 2019 Farm to School Census is Here!
USDA announces the results of the 2019 Farm to School Census, the only nationwide survey designed to measure farm to school activities among school food authorities participating in the National School Lunch Program.
Read the new Farm to School Census and Comprehensive report for insight on the scope of farm to school activity today.
Find out how farm to school has taken root on the new Farm to School Census website.
- Patrick Leahy Farm to School Grants
- Farm to School - Planning Toolkit
- Farm to Child Nutrition Programs Planning Guide
- USDA Foods: A Resource for Maximizing Food Budgets To Buy Local Fact Sheet
- USDA DoD Fresh Program: A Source for Locally Grown Produce Fact Sheet
- Agricultural Marketing Service Grants, Loans and Other Support
- Urban Agriculture and Innovative Production Grants
- Composting and Food Waste Reduction (CFWR) Cooperative Agreements
- CDC: Putting Local School Wellness Policies into Action: Stories from School Districts and Schools