As part of the National Response Framework, the FNS Food Distribution Division has the primary responsibility of supplying food to disaster relief organizations such as the Red Cross and the Salvation Army for mass feeding or household distribution. Disaster organizations request food and nutrition assistance through state agencies that run USDA’s nutrition assistance programs. State agencies notify USDA of the types and quantities of food that relief organizations need for emergency feeding operations.
- Where to Apply for USDA Foods Disaster Assistance
- USDA Foods During Disaster Fact Sheet
- USDA FNS Disaster Assistance Homepage
Distributing Agency Disaster Resources
- USDA Foods Program Disaster Manual
- FSA-21 Public Voucher and Instructions
- Food Program Reporting System (FPRS) Link
For more information about Disaster Assistance available in your area, please contact your state agency.