Dietary Guidelines Infographic References
These are the references for the Dietary Guidelines for Americans infographic (2017, revised 2019).
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017). Chronic Disease Overview. Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/index.htm.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017). Chronic Disease Overview. Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/index.htm.
3. International Food Information Council Foundation. (2017). 2017 Food and Health Survey. http://www.foodinsight.org/2017-food-and-health-survey.
4. Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee. (2015). Scientific Report of the 2015 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee: Advisory Report to the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Secretary of Agriculture. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Washington, DC.
Liese AD, Krebs-Smith SM, Subar AF, George SM, Harmon BE, Neuhouser ML, et al. (2015). The Dietary Patterns Methods Project: Synthesis of findings across cohorts and relevance to dietary guidance. J Nutr, 145(3), 393-402.
5. Segal LM, Rayburn J, and Martin A. (2016). The State of Obesity: Better Policies for a Healthier America 2016. Trust for America's Health. http://healthyamericans.org/assets/files/TFAH-2016-ObesityReport-FINAL.pdf.
Data source for Healthy Eating Index scores: What We Eat in America, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (undated data are from 2015-2016).