CSFP Food Package Toolkit
Please Note: Due to a temporary limitation of the availability of some USDA Foods, the implementation date for the enhanced CSFP Food Package is being delayed until February 1, 2020. However, programs may incorporate new food options and package sizes under the existing Maximum Monthly Distribution Rate per guidance in Attachment C of the October 25, 2019 memo. This delay will allow programs additional time to prepare for full implementation, while still permitting new foods and package sizes to be incorporated into the package to provide additional variety and flexibility.
The CSFP Food Package will be enhanced with new items, additional flexibilities, and increased quantities in some food package categories. Use these resources to plan and prepare for the transition later this year when the enhanced CSFP food package is implemented in your state or community!
These enhancements have been made in collaboration with our CSFP community. Thank you to our state and local partners who participated in the CSFP Food Package Work Group in 2017 and to the many other CSFP stakeholders who weighed in during listening sessions at the 2017 NCSFPA Annual Conference and through other feedback mechanisms.
What is the enhanced CSFP Food Package?
- CSFP Food Package Monthly Distribution Rates
- New Food Options Coming Soon to CSFP
- Side-by-Side Comparison Chart of the Current Food Package and the Enhanced Food Package
- Side-by-Side Visual Summary of CSFP Food Package Changes
- One-Page Handout for Clients: Changes Coming Soon to Your Food Package
- One-Page Handout for Staff & Volunteers: Upcoming Changes to the CSFP Food Package
- CSFP Order Planning Tool
We will be offering several webinars this year to help you understand and prepare for these changes. If you would like to receive announcements for these webinars, sign up for our GovDelivery email list by selecting the topic “Webinars – CSFP.” We will post the webinar recordings on this page when they are available.
- CSFP Food Package: What You Need to Know (2/28/2019)
- CSFP Food Package Changes: Ordering Guidance for Direct Shipments (03/07/2019)
- What are CSFP State and Local Agencies Doing to Prepare for Changes? (4/24/2019)
- Planning for the Successful Implementation of the Enhanced CSFP Food Package (7/11/2019)
- Are you Ready for the CSFP Food Package Changes? (09/20/2019)
- Sign Up for CSFP Webinar Information
New resources will be added to this CSFP Toolkit in the coming months, so be sure to check back! If you would like to receive monthly updates about tools, tips, and training opportunities related to the enhanced CSFP food package, sign up for our GovDelivery email list by selecting the topic “CSFP Food Package Updates.”
- Sign Up for CSFP Food Package Updates
- February 2019 CSFP Special Edition E-letter - CSFP Food Package Announcement
- April 2019 CSFP Special Edition E-letter - Preparing for Change
- May 2019 CSFP Special Edition E-letter - Nutrition Focus on Vegetables
- June 2019 CSFP Special Edition E-letter - Nutrition Focus on Fruits
- July 2019 CSFP Special Edition E-letter - Nutrition Focus on Protein
- August 2019 CSFP Special Edition E-letter - Nutrition Focus on Grains
- September 2019 CSFP Special Edition E-letter - Nutrition Focus on Dairy
- January 2020 CSFP Special Edition E-letter - Enhanced Food Package Implementation Coming February 1, 2020
If you have any questions, please contact USDAFoods@usda.gov