Training Materials and Resources
Materials and Tools
The materials and resources on this page will assist you in sharing information about the core messages with your staff, colleagues and partners. Let us know about other items that would be helpful to you. We welcome your suggestions. We also want to hear from you about ways you have used the messages, tips, videos, game, etc. Share this information including any related materials by forwarding it to: email@example.com.
- Flyer –for meeting packages or exhibits (pdf)
- One Slide Summary (pdf)
- One Slide Summary with Notes (pdf)
- Multiple Slides Summary (pdf)
- Multiple Slide Summary with Notes (pdf)
- Core Nutrition Message Training Flyer (pdf)
- Sample Materials Using Core Nutrition Messages
Links to Material Development Resources
- White AH, Wilson JF, Burns A, Blum-Kemelor D, Singh A, Race PO, Soto V, Lockett AF. Use of qualitative research to inform development of nutrition messages for low-income mothers of preschool children. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2011 Jan-Feb;43(1):19-27. doi:0.1016/j.jneb.2009.10.002. Epub 2010 Aug 24.
- National Cancer Institute’s Pink Book—Making Health Communication Programs Work.
- Clear & Simple: Developing Effective Print Materials for Low-Literate Readers
- CDC Clear Communication Index: A Tool for Developing and Assessing CDC Public Communication Products
- CDC’s Gateway to Health Communication & Social Marketing Practice - Health Communications Basics
-- “Audience Insights”
-- “This Just In”
- CDC Clear Communication Index Score Sheet