The Food Guide Pyramid is based on current science, which continues to increase our knowledge about healthy eating. In keeping with this, USDA has initiated a broad-based review and update of the Pyramid's food patterns based on current nutritional standards, to serve as a framework that can help consumers assess and improve their diets.
The USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP) solicits written comments on proposed revisions to the daily food intake patterns that serve as the technical basis for the Food Guide Pyramid. The proposed daily food intake patterns and technical support data are available electronically and in hard copy; for availability, refer to Section I of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION.
- Obtaining Copies of the Proposed Daily Food Intake Patterns and Technical Support Data
- Context for the Revision Process and Relationship to the Dietary Guidelines
- Background on the Food Guide Pyramid
- Daily Food Intake Patterns
- Topics of Particular Interest to CNPP for Comments
- Public Disclosure and Availability of Comments