Letter of Intent to Apply Date (Optional): Sept. 1, 2014, no later than 11:59 PM (EDT)
Application Submission Date: Oct. 6, 2014, no later than 11:59 PM (EDT)
Award Date: November 2014
Furthermore, authorizing language in the HHFKA directed the USDA to appropriate $3 million for FY 2011 for an implementation study around school wellness policies, to remain available until expended.
- The capability to link enacted school district wellness policy and related state law data with data being collected through other existing surveillance systems (e.g., SNDA, CLASS, SHPPS) in 2014-2015 (i.e., data collection occurring at various levels as outlined above);
- The capability to conduct a nationwide evaluation of the scope of “on-the-books” (enacted) school district wellness policies and related state laws;
- The ability to collect and analyze qualitative data that can explore the implementation of and compliance with HHFKA policies across various stakeholders (e.g., administrators, school food authorities, parents, children); and
- The capacity to develop and disseminate timely policy briefs, fact sheets, and other translation products (e.g., infographics) to inform the USDA, Congress, and the research field of key school wellness policy surveillance results and gaps as well as to produce papers for peer-reviewed publication.
- Accredited Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofit Organizations other than Institutions of Higher Education