|DATE:||December 14, 2012|
|MEMO CODE:||SP 16-2013|
|SUBJECT:||Revised Meat/Meat Alternates and Milk Charts in the Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs|
Special Nutrition Programs
Child Nutrition Programs
Attached are the Revised Meat/Meat Alternates and Milk charts of the Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs for the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. We have received and provided additional information on: Meat/Meat Alternates Chart
- Beans, Soy, fresh (Edamame) Shelled;
- Beans, Soy, fresh (Edamame) Whole In shell;
- Chicken, Whole fresh or frozen cut –up 8 pieces (about 3¾ lb without neck and giblets);
- Tofu, Commercially-prepared; and
- Yogurt, Soy, Plain or Flavored, Sweetened or Unsweetened, Commercially prepared.
The revised Meat/Meat Alternates and Milk charts in the Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs (FBG) can be accessed online at: http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/resources/foodbuyingguide.html. Please check the FBG website often for updated FBG files.
School food authorities should contact their state agencies for additional information. State agencies may direct any questions concerning this guidance to the appropriate Food and Nutrition Service Regional Office.
Child Nutrition Division