60-Day Claim Submission and 90-Day Reporting Requirements for Child Nutrition Programs
|DATE:||Sept. 14, 2018|
|POLICY MEMO:||SP 20-2018, CACFP 14-2018, SFSP 07-2018|
|SUBJECT:||60 Day Claim Submission and 90 Day Reporting Requirements for Child Nutrition Programs|
Attached is updated clarifying guidance for state agencies regarding the 60 Day Claim Submission and 90 Day Reporting Requirements for Child Nutrition Programs which was released on April 25, 2018. This latest version includes edits to align with changes made in the Summer Food Service Program Simplified Cost Accounting Final Rule published on June 1, 2018. All changes included in this guidance are to be implemented by state agencies by October 1, 2018.
FNS would like to highlight the following changes included in this guidance:
- Extends the ability to withhold payments in circumstances outlined in this guidance to all Child Nutrition Programs (not just School Meal Programs).
- Provides clarification to deadlines that fall on a Saturday, Sunday or a Federal Holiday. In cases where a deadline falls on one of these days, the due date is the next business day.
- Per the SFSP Simplified Cost Accounting Final Rule, includes new SFSP flexibilities for combining claims.
- Revisions to program reports after the 90-day deadline now require an explanation in the “Remarks” section of the report. The guidance provides examples in Attachment B.
- Any significant variations between the 30-day and 90-day report now require an explanation in the “Remarks” section of the report. The guidance provides examples in Attachment C.
- Tolerance levels have been removed.
State agencies are reminded to share this guidance with Program operators. State agencies must make any necessary changes to existing policies, procedures, and memoranda to correct claim submission and reporting requirements. Additionally, State agency websites must be updated to reflect information contained in this guidance.
State agencies with questions should contact the appropriate FNS regional office.
Sarah E. Smith-Holmes
Program Monitoring and Operational Support Division
Child Nutrition Programs