Resources for Farm to School Grant Program Applicants
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Farm to School Grant Program Request for Applications (RFA) has closed. Please check back for more information on the FY2022 Farm to School RFA later this year. We encourage those seeking grant funding to support future efforts that improve access to local foods in schools, to review past RFA materials, and when to begin preparing for a future Farm to School Grant.
For additional funding opportunities for farm to school activities, visit the USDA AMS Grants, Loans and Other Support webpage.
- Getting Started
- Preparing a Grant Application
- SAM Quick Start Registration Guide: All applicants are required to register in the System for Award Management (SAM) before submitting an application. This guide walks through the registration process.
- Urban/Rural Classification: When completing the Farm to School cover sheet (a required grant application form), applicants will need to provide the urban/rural classification code. This guide explains how to find this information using the National Center for Education Statistics website.
- Match Calculator (Excel): Use this spreadsheet to determine the amount of matching funds needed for your proposed grant project.
- Getting Familiar with the FY2021 Farm to School RFA: This webinar from Nov. 10, 2020, is now viewable online. The Farm to School Team will provides an overview of the FY2021 Farm to School Program RFA, including updates to eligibility, new turnkey programs and more. Get familiar with the requirements of the RFA and how to submit your completed application on www.grants.gov.
- Getting Your Package Together: This webinar from Nov. 13, 2020, is now viewable online. The Farm to School Team will explores the key characteristics of a competitive Farm to School Grant application. We will review the required components and provide technical assistance on how to submit a complete application. Attendees will learn tips and tricks for writing a succinct application that clearly outlines your farm to school project.
- Sample Application Materials
- Sample Budget Narrative: A budget narrative is required for grant application submissions. This document is an example of a complete budget narrative.
For all questions pertaining to the USDA Farm to School Grant Program, please email Farm to School. Subscribe to our E-letter to receive information and updates from USDA’s Office of Community Food Systems.