The Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Farm to School Grant Program Request for Applications (RFA) is now closed. Please check back for more information on the FY 2023 Farm to School Grant Request for Applications later this year. We encourage those seeking grant funding to support future efforts that improve access to local foods in schools to review past RFA materials when preparing a future application.
For additional funding opportunities for farm to school activities, visit the USDA AMS Grants, Loans and Other Support webpage.
- Getting Started
- Farm to School Planning Toolkit: This comprehensive document describes the key activities to building a strong Farm to School program.
- Summary of Grant Awards: View press releases and download project descriptions of past Farm to School awardees.
- Prior Requests for Applications: Visit this link to the list of prior RFA announcements.
- Preparing a Grant Application
- SAM Quick Start Registration Guide: All applicants are required to register in the System for Award Management (SAM) before submitting an application. This guide walks through the registration process.
- Urban/Rural Classification: When completing the Farm to School cover sheet (a required grant application form), applicants will need to provide the urban/rural classification code. This guide explains how to find this information using the National Center for Education Statistics website.
- Match Calculator (Excel): Use this spreadsheet to determine the amount of matching funds needed for your proposed grant project.
- Farm to School Grant Overview and How to Apply: In this webinar, the Farm to School Team will provides an overview of the FY2022 Farm to School Program RFA, including information on eligibility, available grant types and more. Get familiar with the requirements of the RFA and how to submit your completed application on www.grants.gov.
- Developing and Writing a Successful Application: The Farm to School Team will explore the key characteristics of a competitive Farm to School Grant Application. We will review the required components and provide technical assistance on how to submit a complete application.
- Application Materials
- FY2022 Farm to School Samples and Templates: Sample narratives and fillable templates that may be used by Grant Applicants when completing their Farm to School Grant Applications.
For all questions pertaining to the USDA Farm to School Grant Program, please email Farm to School. Subscribe to our E-letter to receive information and updates from USDA’s Office of Community Food Systems.