The goal and purpose of this guidance is to ensure consistent standards applicable to WIC EBT and enable efficient application of WIC EBT business practices into automated cash register systems supporting food retail vendors.
The September 2014 Operating Rules - Women, Infants and Children (WIC) - Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) is now published. The update includes all Bulletins published between 2010 through July 15, 2014. Please refer to the section in the 2014 Operating Rules entitled “Changes in 2014 Version” for further details. This version includes bold type indicators for revisions that become effective after September 2014. If there are any questions or comments, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Universal MIS-EBT Interface Specification (PDF, released June 2012) The WIC Universal MIS-EBT Interface Specification document dated June 2012 is now available. The document has been updated from the last draft version based on the comments reviewed and accepted.
- EBT One Card Concept - Technical Considerations May 10, 2011
- WIC EBT 5-Year Plan - updated March 2006
- Analysis of Alternatives for Implementing a Cash Value Voucher Program - Final Report, August 2007
- The WIC EBT Cost Analysis Model now available for State agencies to use. Go to APD Document Library under Cost Analysis Guidance for the instructions and model/spreadsheet.(April 2009)
For more information on EBT, go to APD Document Library