The goal and purpose of this guidance is to ensure consistent standards applicable to WIC EBT and enable efficient application of WIC EBT business practices into automated cash register systems supporting food retail vendors.
For more information on ANSI, NUPC Database, Technical Implementation Guidelines and Cost Analysis Guidance , go to WIC EBT Document Library
Operating Rules & Technical Implementation Guide - Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
MIS-EBT Universal Interface
Universal MIS-EBT Interface Specification (PDF, released March 2015) This document standardizes the functional requirements for the Universal Interface between the WIC Management Information Systems (WIC MIS) and the WIC Electronic Benefit Transfer systems (WIC EBT system) used in the Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) nutrition program.
- The latest release of the WIC Universal MIS-EBT Interface Specification document dated March 2015 is now available. The document has been updated from the June 2012 version based on the comments reviewed and accepted.
Other EBT Guidance and Resources
- EBT One Card Concept - Technical Considerations May 10, 2011
- WIC EBT 5-Year Plan - updated March 2006
- Analysis of Alternatives for Implementing a Cash Value Voucher Program - Final Report, August 2007
- The WIC EBT Cost Analysis Model is now available for State agencies to use. Go to WIC EBT Document Library under Cost Analysis Guidance for the instructions and model/spreadsheet.(April 2009)