Team Nutrition (TN) Training Grants for Healthy Meals have been identified in USDA's National Strategic Plan for Training and Technical Assistance as one of the anchor delivery systems for supporting the implementation of USDA's nutrition requirements and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans in meals served in schools and child care institutions. TN Training Grants offer funding to State agencies to establish or enhance sustainable infrastructures for implementing Team Nutrition's goal of improving children's lifelong eating and physical activity habits.
The efforts by State agencies receiving TN Training Grants have resulted in:
- Training and technical assistance on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
- Training and technical assistance to help schools apply for HealthierUS School Challenge: Smarter Lunchrooms.
- Many Child Nutrition Program foodservice personnel receiving training and technical assistance to enable them to prepare and serve nutritious meals that appeal to students.
- The use of many USDA developed TN materials to assist foodservice staff in serving nutritious meals that meet the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Focusing on efforts to improve students' fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Creating a healthy school environment using Team Nutrition resources.
- Collaborating with other State agencies and organizations to achieve the Team Nutrition goal and to assist school districts in implementing and evaluating Local Wellness Policies.
- Many mini grants to local school districts to assist their efforts to promote healthy eating and physical activity.
- Efforts to integrate nutrition education into students learning content standards, including trainings and workshops provided to teachers.
- Many childcare children and school age students enjoying healthier school/childcare meals and, along with their parents and caregivers, are exposed to current, relevant, and fun nutrition information and activities.
- 2011 Webinar - Grant Writing 101
- Grant Summaries - 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995
- 2006 Local Wellness Demonstration Project Grants
- State-Developed Materials
- Annual Grant Award Levels