Team Nutrition provides MyPlate materials that are developed specifically for kids and their parents/caregivers. We also offer evidenced-based curricula that educators can use to integrate MyPlate lessons into core educational subjects, such as Math, English Language Arts, and Science.
Schools, summer sites, and child care (centers, homes and sponsors) that participate in USDA’s Child Nutrition Programs may request free printed copies of many of these materials. Materials available in print are on the order form at http://tn.ntis.gov.
We would like to hear from you! Please share how you are using these materials by emailing us at TeamNutrition@fns.usda.gov.
Lessons and Activities
- Discover MyPlate (Kindergarten)
- Grow It, Try It, Like It! Nutrition Education Kit Feathering MyPlate (Preschool)
- Serving Up MyPlate (Grades 1-6)
- Team Nutrition Popular Events Idea Booklet (Kindergarten-8)
Many other Team Nutrition Curricula integrate the MyPlate icon into nutrition education lessons. View them all in our Resource Library.
- Eat Smart to Play Hard With MyPlate (Serving Up MyPlate)
- The Five Food Groups (Discover MyPlate)
- MyPlate for Kids: Make Half Your Plate Fruits and Vegetables
- MyPlate Poster, Blue & Magenta background
- MyPlate Poster, Green & Yellow background
- Eat Smart to Play Hard With MyPlate Mini Poster (English and Spanish)
- The Five Food Groups Handout
- Look and Cook Cards (English and Spanish; Discover MyPlate)
- Meet MyPlate Parent Handout (English and Spanish; Discover MyPlate)
- MyPlate Grocery Store Treasure Hunt (Team Nutrition Popular Events Idea Booklet)
- MyPlate Food Drive Wish List (Team Nutrition Popular Events Idea Booklet)
- MyPlate Coloring Sheet (Team Nutrition Popular Events Idea Booklet)
- Student Workbook (Discover MyPlate)