These fact sheets were developed by USDA’s Food and Nutrition Service to help schools implement the major recommendations from the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the nutrition foundation for all school meals programs. Schools can use these fact sheets to incorporate the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommendations within the school meal pattern requirements and nutrition standards.
Available: only in PDF.
- Just the Facts (Introduction)
- Use Low-fat Milk, Cheese and Yogurt
- Jazz Up Your Menu With Fruits
- Vary Your Vegetables
- Serve More Dry Beans and Peas
- Serve More Whole Grains
- Limit Saturated Fat
- Trim Trans Fat
- Be Salt Savvy - Cut Back on Sodium
- Meeting the Challenge of Rising Food Costs
- Online Resources
- Serve More Whole Grain-Rich Pastas for Healthier School Meals