As a child care provider, you play a key role in children's lives. By working with children each day, you help them learn and grow. By serving them nutritious meals and snacks, you help children get the nourishment and energy they need to learn and grow - and be healthy. That makes your job very important.
Research has shown that there are crucial relationships between nutrition and health, and nutrition and learning. You are in a special position to show children what it means to eat for good health, including how important it is to eat a variety of foods.
More children are in child care today than ever before. Some spend more time in child care than they do at home. The meals and snacks served in your center or child care home, through USDA's Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) are an important part of providing proper care. Team Nutrition is pleased to support your efforts in providing nutritious, appealing meals for the children you serve.
- Blast Off Game
- Building Blocks for Fun and Healthy Meals
- Eat Smart. Play Hard.™ Power Panther™
- Feeding Infants: A Guide for Use in the Child Nutrition Programs
- Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs
- Grow It! Try It! Like It!
- Maximizing the Message: Helping Moms and Kids Make Healthier Food Choices
- Menu Magic for Children
- Nibbles for Health
- Nutrition and Wellness Tips for Young Children: Provider Handbook for the Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Recipes for Healthy Kids Cookbooks
- Recipes for Childcare
- The Two-Bite Club