Welcome to The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) web site. USDA buys the food, including processing and packaging, and ships it to the States. The amount received by each State depends on its low-income and unemployed population. State agencies work out details of administration and distribution. They select local organizations that either directly distribute to households or serve meals, or distribute to other local organizations that perform these functions.
- Program Overview for Eligible Recipient Agencies
- TEFAP USDA Foods Fact Sheets and Recipes
- Program Fact Sheet
- Availability of USDA Foods for Fiscal Year 2013
- Final Fiscal Year 2013 Administrative Funding Memorandum to State and Regional Directors
- Fiscal Year 2013 Funding Memorandum to State and Regional Directors
- Total TEFAP Assistance to States in Fiscal Year 2011
- Percentage of TEFAP Administrative Funds Passed Through from State Agencies to Emergency Feeding Organizations - Fiscal Year 2012.