You have the right to:
- Receive an application when you ask for it.
- Turn in your application the same day you receive it.
- Receive your SNAP benefits (or be notified that you are not eligible for the program) within 30 days after you turn in your application.
- Receive SNAP benefits within a few days if you are eligible and have little or no money.
- Have a fair hearing if you disagree with any action taken on your case.
If you believe that you or any group of individuals have been discriminated against by the SNAP because of age, sex, color, race, handicap, religious creed, national origin or political beliefs, write immediately to:
Secretary of Agriculture
U.S. Department of Agriculture
14th & Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250